You have to be a bit organized to drive your 18-month-old ADHD 30% trained and 60%-absolutely-not-trained German Shepherd puppy from Los Angeles to Columbus…O-H-I-O
and as I sit in a Starbucks in Dallas, Texas about 3 miles from Dallas Love Field, I realize that I was not…
Here’s how all of our lives would have been a bit different had I been organized:
- the horrified friend of a friend who watched my dog while said friend and I had a catch-up pizza would not have needed intense psychiatric therapy for her shitzu on the Monday after her encounter with Mika. Senior Shitzu…German Shepherd puppy. Never should have happened.
- The family in the Phoenix hotel who were trapped on the elevator when the door opened to a crazy woman clutching a dog leash in one hand while trying to steer a luggage cart filled with dog chew toys, kibble, Yak bones, dog dishes, and one human’s suitcase…would still not be afraid of elevators today.
- The front desk receptionist who came to the room to fix the heater would still have a pristine paw-free black skirt to go with her pristine paw-free black jacket.
- The front desk receptionist of the VanHorn Texas hotel would still be a bit lonesome to play with a German Shepherd…okay, that one was a GOOD thing.
- And finally, she would not be in a doggy daycare/boarding facility for a full day between check-out and touchdown while I wait in a Starbucks for my husband’s plane to land…because I didn’t think about an historic Texas coldfront, or timing.
So, IF I had been organized, what would I have done differently? Easy…FLOWN!